If you’re planning to be at the New York Library Association conference in Saratoga in November, consider volunteering to help out. It’s a great way to meet people, give back to the association and get a voucher as a thank you.
Details below from MaryAnne Waltz:
The New York Library Association is looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s Annual Conference and Trade Show to be held in Saratoga Springs from November 2 to November 5. Volunteers are needed for the following areas: NYLA Store, NYLA Registration Desk, and NYLA Trade Show/Exhibit Hall. Volunteers are currently needed for the following days:
- Tuesday, November 1 (afternoon)
- Wednesday, November 2 (all day)
- Thursday, November 3 (all day)
- Friday, November 4 (all day)
- Saturday, November 5 (morning)
Volunteers are also needed prior to the conference to help create registration packets in the Guilderland office on the following dates (lunch will be provided):
- Wednesday-Thursday, October 19-20, between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Monday-Tuesday, October 24-25, between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
As a special “thank you” for helping make the 2011 conference a success, volunteers will receive a one-day pass for completing four consecutive hours of service. The pass is good for one of the following:
- Conference programs later the same day after completing volunteer service
- Conference pass for a subsequent day of the 2011 conference
- A voucher good for a one-day conference pass at the 2012 conference
- A voucher good for one NYLA Institute during 2012
Volunteers must complete their service prior to using their pass.
If you’re interested in helping out at this year’s conference, please send your name, contact information, and availability by October 14 to Mary Anne Waltz at email@example.com (no phone inquiries—please contact by email only).