- kiddle, kidrex, search engines for kids?
- Snipping Tool for screenshots
- Free Mini READ Poster Generator from ALA
- Workshop Idea: Libraries as Learning Spaces – Maybe?
- Social Media & Libraries Workshops
- Nearpod is launching 3D Virtual Field Trips
- Jauntful: Create your own travel guides
- Screenast-o-matic – Animated gifs
- Is the moon ever really blue?
- Canva for Work is now free for non-profits
Subscribe to News via Email
Category Archives: Schools
Nearpod is launching 3D Virtual Field Trips and also offering an opportunity to apply for classroom viewing kits. This Wall Street journal article, Virtual Reality Learns How to Get Into the Classroom, provides some interesting background on the project. Of … Continue reading
Is your library or school running a gardening program for kids? Are you homeschooling and have kids interested in gardening? Baker Creek is offering a gardening booklet for kids – free multiple copies. From an email: “Baker Creek has published … Continue reading
Free webinar on Wed April 29. Helping Students Make Good Digital Decisions with Digital Compass Join Common Sense Education for a webinar to celebrate the launch of their newest free education resource, Digital Compass. Based on the concept of “choose … Continue reading
Looking around a room of over 130 librarians at the NYLA/SSL leadership conference this year, I’m impressed at how many more tech tools I see. The iPads, tablets, chrome books, laptops, etc are so much more a part of everyone’s … Continue reading
An interesting move : Coursera Announces Professional Development Courses to Facilitate Lifelong Learning for Teachers “Today we are extremely pleased to announce the launch of a teacher professional development category on Coursera. We believe that helping teachers improve their skills is … Continue reading