- kiddle, kidrex, search engines for kids?
- Haiku Deck for Great Presentations
- New York State Performers and Programs Database
- Snipping Tool for screenshots
- Screenast-o-matic – Animated gifs
- Free Mini READ Poster Generator from ALA
- Notes.io: Quick Notetaking Tool
- Nearpod is launching 3D Virtual Field Trips
- Is the moon ever really blue?
- GoGooligans?? A no go.
Subscribe to News via Email
Category Archives: Training
I’ve had a request for an ereader workshop for the staff and trustees of a local library. Would love to do it myself, but I’m completely unqualified! I know how to get ebooks on to my own lovely little ereader, … Continue reading
I’m just catching up after spending most of the week at the Internet Librarian conference. And what a terrific conference it was! I was happy to participate in the Learning, Literacy & Training track on Monday, co-presenting with Bobbi Newman … Continue reading
Some great tools and ideas highlighted in this presentation by Heidi Steiner of Norwich University. Adding a number of them to my list of things to check out. Making the Most of Teachable Moments View more presentations from Heidi Steiner
Google released a lovely guidebook to the Web today, “20 Things I Learned about Browsers and the Web.” It includes simple explanations and answers to questions that many of us get asked by friends, family, students, patrons, and perhaps even … Continue reading
Since I don’t teach the same groups of people all the time, I don’t often get to see what the folks in my classes do with what they’ve learned. But this week two librarians let me know how they’d put … Continue reading