- Thing 5: Content CurationAs a high school library teacher, I regularly curate materials for both students and faculty. My approach is to collect print and digital resources that assist my patrons in developing and/or addressing research projects in a variety of subjects.Over the years I have used my school e-board page to curate ... read more
- Thing 4: Digital Storytelling and Presentation ToolsSo many interesting tools to explore in this lesson!I started out this assignment by trying out some of the digital storytelling tools listed. I found Exposure less user-friendly than Adobe Slate. I created a beach story from some photos I had taken using Slate. Later I was exploring some of ... read more
- Thing 3: Social NetworksI have spent a few weeks now following about 80 "tweeters" on Twitter. The wealth of information is amazing!I must admit that I find it overwhelming and am working on managing all of the tweets that come through in order to catch as much information as possible. Some of the ... read more
- Thing 2: Photo FunI spent some time playing with collage making using Google Photos. We have this app available at school, so I thought it would be a good idea to become more familiar with it so as to be more equipped to use it with students. I chose to create a collage ... read more
- Thing 1: BloggingMy name is Barbara Mierlak and I have been the library information specialist at Locust Valley High School in Locust Valley, New York for 18 years. We are a high school of about 700 students and offer a wide curriculum for such a small school, including the International Baccalaureate program ... read more
- kiddle, kidrex, search engines for kids?
- Snipping Tool for screenshots
- Free Mini READ Poster Generator from ALA
- Workshop Idea: Libraries as Learning Spaces – Maybe?
- Social Media & Libraries Workshops
- Nearpod is launching 3D Virtual Field Trips
- Jauntful: Create your own travel guides
- Screenast-o-matic – Animated gifs
- Is the moon ever really blue?
- Canva for Work is now free for non-profits
Subscribe to News via Email