I love reading those â€œ10 things you probably didnâ€™t know about meâ€ sort of lists about friends and colleagues.Â But I always have a hard time coming up with my own lists.Â This ’99 things’ list takes care of that.Â I saw thisÂ on several other blogs and thought it would be fun. And besides, Iâ€™m procrastinating!Â (No tagging! But do share your 99 things if you like.)
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things youâ€™ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you havenâ€™t done and donâ€™t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (High school, clarinet, embarrassingly bad)
4. Visited Hawaii. (and would go back in a minute)
5. Watched a meteor shower. (Bundled up and got out the lawn chairs one freezing November night for the Leonids. Great fun)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (Disneyland opened the day I was born. On their 25th anniversary, they were letting anyone born on that day in for free. I was on an island off the coast of Maine that summer.)
8. Climbed a mountain. (Define mountain? small mountains, yes!)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. (At age 5, at summer camp, never again)
11. Bungee jumped. (I wish I were brave enough to want to do this)
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (basketmaking)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when youâ€™re not ill. (guilty as charged)
24. Built a snow fort. (many wonderful memories of snow fort building – one on each side of the driveway)
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (lots of ancestors buried nearby – didn’t have to travel)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (does HTML count? French is next on my list)
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (I’ve always felt lucky to have a roof over my head, enough food on the table and no debts. So many aren’t that lucky.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangeloâ€™s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. (We do this in some of my weekendÂ training sessions, after dinner “entertainment” )
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (lobstering)
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Great Barrier Reef and Hawaii, amazing, amazing)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving. (see #11)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (Was once near Auschwitz, wanted to visit, our hosts refused to take us. It was still too hard for them.)
67. Bounced a check. (many years ago, in college)
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. (not high on my list of favorite foods)
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (Once, a big mistake!)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someoneâ€™s life. (not sure this is something I “want” to do, but would hope I could if I had to)
90. Sat on a jury. (been called, but dismissed by the defense lawyer)
91. Met someone famous. (Had dinner with Dr. Spock – the baby doctor.)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.