- Records the action from your Firefox screen only or from your whole desktop.
- Adjust the size of your Firefox screen to adjust the recording area.
- Records audio.
- Option to record in Low,Â Medium or High quality video.
- Saves video to your hard drive as an .avi file. Files can easily be edited with MS MovieMaker or other video editing software.
- Upload .avi to YouTubeÂ or other free hosting service. From there the video can be embedded on other web pages.
Compared with Screen Toaster?
- I like Screen Toaster’s instant hosting and storage of a high quality video.Â And the ability to quickly embed that high quality video on other web pages.
- To make Capture Fox screencasts available, you’ll need to upload to a free hosting service. The resulting videos will likely lose some quality in the conversion.
- Screen Toaster lets you download a .avi copy of the video to your hard drive, but it doesn’t save your audio track.
- Capture Fox preserves your audio and saves your files directly to your computer.
- If you wanted to record several short segments then string them together into one longer video with MS Movie Maker, it would be simpler to use Capture Fox.
Which one to use? I like them both. You’ll need to decide which oneÂ best fits your needs. There are other free screencasting tools available and if I have the time I’ll do some more tests and post my notes for them as well.
Capture Fox test video embedded from YouTube