- Think like a traveler: When you travel, especially internationally, your brain goes into a hyper-aware state, and notice little things that you donâ€™t often key into noticing when your day-to-day. The trick is to cultivate this increased alertness in your daily life so that youâ€™re observing more, youâ€™re learning more and your gaining the competitive edge in more creative and innovative. â€œThe real act of discovery consists of not finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyesâ€ â€“ Marcel Proust
- Treat life as an experiment: You have to be willing to risk and fail in order to experience success. â€œIf you treat life by an experiment you got be prepared for some stuff not to work out.â€ â€œIdeally your failing forward. Youâ€™re failing forward that has a little bit of learning attached to it.â€
- Nurture an “attitude of wisdom: â€œHaving a healthy balance between confidence in what you know and distrusting what you what you know just enough that keeps you thirsty for knowledgeâ€ Itâ€™s not a good idea to to rest on your laurels, especially in respect to learning. Bottom line stay hungry for knowledge – Keep learning!
- Use your whole brain: Find opportunities that help fine tune right brain activities. Education systems traditionally help refines the left brain. Find ways to stimulate and use your right brain, intuitive areas more. Also explore your â€œtortoise mindâ€ â€“ that area in your brain that work in the background for you.
- Do what you love: This one seems obvious… â€œDo what you love, because youâ€™ll be better at itâ€
I’m trying to pick out the one that speaks to me the most and I can’t. They all do!Â Thanks Helene for summarizing this and sharing.