If you’re planning to be at the New York Library Association conference in Saratoga in November, consider volunteering to help out. It’s a great way to meet people, give back to the association and get a voucher as a thank you.
Details below from MaryAnne Waltz:
The New York Library Association is looking for volunteers to help out at this yearâ€™s Annual Conference and Trade Show to be held in Saratoga Springs from November 2 to November 5. Volunteers are needed for the following areas: NYLA Store, NYLA Registration Desk, and NYLA Trade Show/Exhibit Hall. Volunteers are currently needed for the following days:
- Tuesday, November 1 Â (afternoon)
- Wednesday, November 2Â (all day)
- Thursday, November 3Â (all day)
- Friday, November 4Â (all day)
- Saturday, November 5Â Â (morning)
Volunteers are also needed prior to the conference to help create registration packets in the Guilderland office on the following dates (lunch will be provided):
- Wednesday-Thursday, October 19-20, between 9:00 AM â€“ 3:00 PM
- Monday-Tuesday, October 24-25, between 9:00 AM â€“ 3:00 PM
As a special â€œthank youâ€ for helping make the 2011 conference a success, volunteers will receive a one-day pass for completing four consecutive hours of service. The pass is good for one of the following:
- Conference programs later the same day after completing volunteer service
- Conference pass for a subsequent day of the 2011 conference
- A voucher good for a one-day conference pass at the 2012 conference
- A voucher good for one NYLA Institute during 2012
Volunteers must complete their service prior to using their pass.
If youâ€™re interested in helping out at this yearâ€™s conference, please send your name, contact information, and availability by October 14 to Mary Anne Waltz at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone inquiriesâ€”please contact by email only).