Ok, I’ll be back in a minute or two after I play with it a bit.
And I’m back. Wow, that is so much fun! It reminds me a bit of doing a clickable imagemap in my early html days. But this is so much easier.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a ThingLink account
- Install the ThingLink plugin on your self-hosted WordPress site, Blogger, tumblr or a few other platforms. Check the authentication details for your platform. Was very easy on WP.
- Add a photo to your post.
- Publish the post.
- Visit the post and tag away! You’ll see icons on your photo to tag bits of the photo and add text and links.
- You can let others tag as well.
- Anyone can can be embed your tagged image on their own sites.
- Works in IE, FF, Safari & Chrome (well, at least it did for me!)
- Stats on how many clicks on each note and how many ‘hovers’.
- Great way to add value to the media you post on your web sites – connect viewers with related content.
Links to great examples & ideas for using ThingLink:
But wait… there’s more…
- Import an image directly into your account on the ThingLink site.
- Tag it there.
- Then embed it, as I’ve done with this photo.