I’ve had several requests to run another round of theÂ Cool Tools for Schools project starting in October 2013. Â It would be greatÂ to get a few more BOCES SLS regions involved as well.
If you’re not familiar with the project, it’s an online learning program based on the original 23 Things Â Learning 2.0 program developed by Helene Blowers. Participants read through an online lesson, explore tools and examples, then do a learning activity to gain experience with the tools covered in each lesson.
Goals for the program are:
- Gain familiarity with a variety of technology tools and explore how they can be used in K12 settings.
- Opportunities to make connections with other educators and develop collaborations.
- Increased confidence in exploring technology tools.
The two Cool Tools programs that have just finished running are:
- Cool Tools for Schools Â – Currently running Â (Oct 2012-March 2013) Participating SLS Regions:Â Â Broome-Tioga BOCES, Â Capital Region BOCES,Â Jefferson-Lewis BOCES,Â Questar III,Â Rochester City School District,Â Tompkins-Seneca-Tioga BOCES,Â Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES
- SLS Cool Tools – Hudson Valley – Running now (Oct 2012-March 2013) Participating SLS Regions:Â Â Dutchess BOCES,Â Orange-Ulster BOCES,Â Sullivan BOCESÂ andÂ Ulster BOCES
- Cool Tools for SchoolsÂ Â – Held in 2012/13 school year.Â Â Participating Regions wereÂ Capital Region BOCES, Â CVES BOCES, HFM BOCES, Questar III, WSWHE BOCES.
If you want to hear more about whether the program was valuable to the participants, the SLS Directors of the participating regions will be happy to share their experience with you.
And I’ll be happy to provide you with additional information about fees and how the programs are structured.