- kiddle, kidrex, search engines for kids?
- Snipping Tool for screenshots
- Notes.io: Quick Notetaking Tool
- Tech Tools for the Love of Reading
- Snapdrop for Easy File Sharing
- Screenast-o-matic – Animated gifs
- GoGooligans?? A no go.
- Free Mini READ Poster Generator from ALA
- Workshop Idea: Libraries as Learning Spaces – Maybe?
- Nearpod is launching 3D Virtual Field Trips
Great Website Hosting
Subscribe to News via Email
Category Archives: Books
In the past months, many organizations have published lists of YA and kids books focused on diversity, understanding the immigrant experience and developing empathy. For a project I’m working on, I merged a selection of these lists (see below) and … Continue reading
One response to the political chaos of the last few weeks has been the publication of many wonderful lists of books that encourage reading more diversely. The four lists below focus on works that celebrate Black Voices, Refugees from all … Continue reading
After a 2 year hiatus, the New York State 3 Apples Book Award is back! Started in 2007 by the school library and youth services sections of the New York Library Association, the award celebrates the joys of reading for … Continue reading
Thanks Obama! Recently, the NYTimes published two wonderful pieces sharing how important reading has always been to President Obama. Obama’s Secret to Surviving the White House Years: Books Transcript: President Obama on What Books Mean to Him In the interview … Continue reading
BookRiot has posted it’s 3rd annual Read Harder Challenge. A list of 24 reading tasks to challenge you through the year. Read a book for each task or use a single book to meet multiple challenges. There’s a GoodReads group … Continue reading