CDLC Social Media Workshop 1 – March 31, 2016
(links to all workshops and resources)
Tools & Apps
- Facebook Insights – Introduction to Insight
- Growing your Audience
- Tutorials on Facebook for Business – covers how to create ads and measure results.
- Twitter analytics – best analytics for twitter and free!
- A Guide to Twitter Analytics – Nice guide to they analytics
- Twitter Cards: Everything You Need to Know – Find out what they are, how to track stats and how to implement.
- Understanding Facebook Insights & Twitter Analytics
- Facebook Page Insights explained – From Yoast SEO blog.
- Tips & Tools
- 21 Awesome Instagram Accounts for Reposting! Â From the 5 Minute Librarian Instagram accounts to follow and repost.
- Instagram 31 Day Challenge – also from the 5 Minute Librarian
- Repost App – great for reposting content. Carries over the original photographers credit and their caption/hashtags. iOS and Android.
- Grama – Hashtag generator. Enter a term, suggests related hashtags. Select the ones you want to use, copies them to your clipboard for easy pasting into your caption.
- Webinar: Instagram for Public Libraries: Good Practices for Social Media
Wednesday, April 27, 11:00am-12:00pm PDT
Registration link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/98so8w0mpoa1&eom
- Instagram Hits 11-Month Low: Growth Down 93% And Engagement Down 70% – The headline is dramatic (and overblown) but the engagement #â€™s are still fine. IG still has better engagement than FB and Twitter – according to their interpretation.
- Five ways libraries are using Instagram to share collections and draw public interest.
- Stats & Analytics
- Statshot – Â – Free daily report for under 5000 followers, basic stats and trends
- UnionMetrics – Free option gives a quick overview of last 30 days: when to post, top hashtag, top follower, top post. paid plan is very pricey.
- Simply Measured – Fee report, but you do have to give them info. Email, phone #, etc.
- Iconosquare â€“ Free trial, $30 year for stats – try it for a month or two and see if you like it.
- And More
- Libraries of Instagram – List of lots of libraries, add your library.
- #librariesofinstagram – more ideas.
- Websta & Iconosquare – Handy as web based viewers for IG.
- Pinterest for Libraries webinar recording from TechSoup
- Building Community Interest with Pinterest
- AR River Valley Reg. Library – some great pinterest boards!
- 20 Great Ways Libraries Are Using Pinterest
- Converting an account to a business account – so you can have analytics
Other Social Media Channels
- Periscope – Live video broadcasting from your phone. Owned by Twitter. Use Katch.me to archive videos.
- Tips for Facebook Live – Live video via Facebook.
- SnapChat – Photo & video sharing. Content disappears after 24 hours. Popular with millennials (and others).
- Should Your Nonprofit use Snapchat?
- Snapchat in the Library – Librarians master an app to reach millennials
(In no particular order)
- Libraries and Social Media – Great group for getting advice. Finding things to share. People post images and such that are doing well in their communities.
- Library Matters Facebook Group
- Mean Laura blog
- David Lee King blog
- Beth’s Blog – Beth Kanter’s blog on how non-profits use social media.
- Social Media Today
- Shareable Clique facebook group
- Library Matters Facebook group
- Sprout Social blog
- BufferApp blog
- Social Media Marketing blog and podcast – Lots of tips and ideas from leading social media experts.
- Media Resources for Libraries – a resource list from Missouri State Library.
- The M Word -Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries
- Ned Potter – Ideas about Communication
- Content Marketing For Libraries
- Accomplishing More with Social Media Â – Free TechSoup webinar (recorded)
- Viral Content for Libraries Facebook